Child Support Modifications

Modification of a prior order is when the court has made a ruling or an order and you are seeking to change that order. This is often the case when a parent wants to change custody, visitation of the other parent and/or support. Family Legal Document Specialists, will prepare all of the documentation on your behalf and file the motion with the court.

When you are seeking a change in custody or visitation of a minor child, the court may require you to attend mandatory mediation to discuss the issues only relating to the child(ren). Both parents will then go to in front of the Judge to have the new “Orders” issued.

A “family support” order may be modified to separate orders for child and spousal support where there has been a change of circumstances justifying increased child support.